This is a premier phlebotomy certification exam prep course. No matter which agency’s exam you take for certification, let this course help you along your journey by reviewing with you phlebotomy principles and guidelines, anatomy and physiology, order of the draw and much more.
You will have access to your course again and again to review and prepare for the certification exam and you can view and review the entire course over and over or focus on those areas you believe you need.
This course is perfect for the newly trained phlebotomist, the medical assistant, nursing students, EMT’s and others.
In only a few hours you can have a comprehensive review of phlebotomy leading to a successful certification exam. By working through the modules you can start on the very basics of the blood and anatomy and work your way up to the order of the draw, additives, and much more.
What are the requirements?
- Those taking this course will need to have a basic understanding of the principles of phlebotomy
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 17 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- successfully pass the phlebotomist certification exam
- have a better understanding of phlebotomy
What is the target audience?
- This is a certification prep course for those desiring to be phlebotomists. It is perfect for medical assistants, EMT’s, health technicians, and others
The goal of this introductory course in phlebotomy is to provide the student with the equipment and techniques necessary to perform a minimum of twenty successful venipuncture on clinic and hospital patients. The training program is composed of didactic lectures, supervised laboratory instruction and practical clinical experience. Topics of study include the role of the phlebotomist in healthcare, quality assurance and legal issues, safety and infection control, preanalytical considerations and venipuncture procedures. Special collections and age specific competencies will also be discussed.
Entry –Level Competency:
At career entry, the clinical laboratory scientist / medical technologist will possess the basic knowledge, skills and relevant experience to successfully collect a minimum of twenty blood specimens from adult outpatients and a select group of hospital inpatients.
The following is a sample list of teaching /learning activities that may be used during this course:
|Active Lecturing||Simulations /role play||Study questions||“ Read-test-do”|
|Discussion groups||Video Clips||Cooperative Learning||Open-ened questions|
The following is a sample list of assessment activities that may be used during this course.
• Class Participation
• Final Exam
• Conviction for some criminal offenses may render a candidate ineligible for taking the course and/or the certification examination.
• A criminal background check is required. Information regarding this and required documentation is available on the Phlebotomy website.
• Students are required to complete the course with a grade of “C” or better.
• A student must be at least 18 years of age.
• There are abilities (with or without accommodation) that a student in this program must have. A list of these abilities can be obtained from the Phlebotomy website.
• Students should seek additional information and/or advising from their Instructor at Rhonda@rgtconline.com